• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dog Bite Claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PoHeadway

What is the name of your state? I live in New York. In August 2004 I was biten by a Siberian Husky on my brothers property. My brother owned the dog. 4 surgeries later and 8 months gone by and I am left with a hand/wrist that I am unable to use. Anything that requires the use of two hands I am unable to do. I have been unable to return to work since my injury and as of May 2005 my place of employment is submitting paperwork to obtain disability retirement through my place of employment. I showed my lawyer everything that I have lost because of this dog bite. This included future earnings I would of had at my place of employment. I also mentioned to him that I had to basically delete my retirment savings just to survive on while I was off work because I was unable to get any assistance(ie.food stamps) because I had a retirement savings.I was also a musical instrument instructor and performer for many years and unable to ever do so again because I can't play any of the instruments anymore due to the injury. I also can not roll around on the floor with my two littlest children because of the injury and the pain it causes when I try to do so. This injury has changed my whole life and not for the better. Having the use of only one hand sucks to say the least. I am on pain medication each day still dealing with the pain that it causes me. I spoke with my lawyer today and wanted to know if the insurance company had made an offer and he tells me no, not yet. I mentioned I thought I should be compensated for all my losses,as mentioned above, and he kind of gives me the runaround on how he doesn't know if any of this will play a role in determining what type of settlement I may get. This doesn't sound right to me. One would think that I would be compensated greatly,especially since I am left with only the use of one hand/wrist. Any advice or comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">