• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adultry and divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tristinedenise

What is the name of your state? WI

My husband is currently living with another woman. He claimed they were just friends and was staying there while he got help for his alcoholism, but she recently called and told me they've been having an affair even before we got married. I want to know what my options are in suing for divorce. I want nothing out of it, but recognition that she disolved our marriage. I was willing to help him through his rehab, and try to work out our marriage until I found this out. Can I somehow press charges against her for damages? I've lost days of work, had to go to counseling, anger management, and I feel absolutely bitter. Isn't a spouses feelings worth anything anymore? Why is it so easy for someone to destroy your life with no consequences? Is there any way to get around the whole "adultry isn't a crime"? And why isn't it? It feels like murder to me. The other issue is he's been arrested for domestic violence and court ordered to intensive out-patient rehab. His probation states that he is not to drink or go to bars, but this woman is literally buying beer for him, knowing he's on probation. What can I do???

LdiJ

tristinedenise said:
What is the name of your state? WI

My husband is currently living with another woman. He claimed they were just friends and was staying there while he got help for his alcoholism, but she recently called and told me they've been having an affair even before we got married. I want to know what my options are in suing for divorce. I want nothing out of it, but recognition that she disolved our marriage. I was willing to help him through his rehab, and try to work out our marriage until I found this out. Can I somehow press charges against her for damages? I've lost days of work, had to go to counseling, anger management, and I feel absolutely bitter. Isn't a spouses feelings worth anything anymore? Why is it so easy for someone to destroy your life with no consequences? Is there any way to get around the whole "adultry isn't a crime"? And why isn't it? It feels like murder to me. The other issue is he's been arrested for domestic violence and court ordered to intensive out-patient rehab. His probation states that he is not to drink or go to bars, but this woman is literally buying beer for him, knowing he's on probation. What can I do???
Divorce him and move on. You are not going to be able to "punish" the other woman or him either for the adultery.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">