• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

House title after the divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ioulia

What is the name of your state? PA
How do I get the house on my name after the divorce?
I has both names now.
I have a jugdement for me to get the house, I am just not familiar with the procedure.
The house is paid off.
Thanks,
Julia

LdiJ

nextwife said:
He needs to sign a quit claim deed, and you need to record it.
If there is a mortgage you also have to be able to refinance the mortgage into your name only.

1mrtym

I am not familiar with PA laws, but I do know that my attorney in Nebraska, made sure that the legal discription of the property was in the divorce decree, thus I needed no signature from him to do anything. It was MY house.
Is the legal description in your divorce decree? That might be a good place to start. And, no, I am not an attorney.

Ioulia

We are not talking.
I don't think he is going to sign anything.
Where do I go from here?
It is said in the judgement that I have this house,
and he has his.
Thanks all,
Julia

dallas702

perhaps there is a specific process for removing his name without a quit claim deed, but I sure can't imagine how. You need to get communicating with him....even if it takes a summons and a hearing.

LdiJ

dallas702 said:
perhaps there is a specific process for removing his name without a quit claim deed, but I sure can't imagine how. You need to get communicating with him....even if it takes a summons and a hearing.
...and/or an attorney....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">