• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

spouse buying a home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

boci888

What is the name of your state? i live in west virginia. I have been married for seventeen years. i have one daughter under twelve years old. My wife is wanting to buy a home, entirely on her own, picking it out and everything. She wants the loan entirely in her name (for some reason she wants my name on the deed). I have a remote suspicion of an affair. Our marriage seems the worse these last two years. She seems "pushy" about buying this house, but she wants to do everything so i won't be "worried". Yes, i'm worried. I'm worried she is planning on getting this newer house, divorcing me, and have me paying for everything. I feel like i'm going crazy and thank goodness i'm seeing a lawyer in a week.

LdiJ

boci888 said:
What is the name of your state? i live in west virginia. I have been married for seventeen years. i have one daughter under twelve years old. My wife is wanting to buy a home, entirely on her own, picking it out and everything. She wants the loan entirely in her name (for some reason she wants my name on the deed). I have a remote suspicion of an affair. Our marriage seems the worse these last two years. She seems "pushy" about buying this house, but she wants to do everything so i won't be "worried". Yes, i'm worried. I'm worried she is planning on getting this newer house, divorcing me, and have me paying for everything. I feel like i'm going crazy and thank goodness i'm seeing a lawyer in a week.
So put it on the "back burner" and worry about it AFTER you meet with the attorney. In the meantime, don't sign anything.

pty

boci888 said:
My wife is wanting to buy a home, entirely on her own, picking it out and everything. She wants the loan entirely in her name (for some reason she wants my name on the deed).
Are you sure you don't have that backward? I always thought that the deed showed ownership while the mortgage showed who owed the payments. So if your name was on the mortgage but not the deed, then you would owe the payments but have no claim to the house. But you said she wanted your name on the deed only? But, hey, I could be mistaken :)

Either way, it sounds awfully strange. Don't sign anything!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">