• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

quit claim deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sallie4t

In the state of Arizona. I was granted our home in divorce decree. Decree has full legal description of property. Ex refuses to sign quit claim deed. Cannot sell or refinance without it, according to two title companies. What are my options/alternatives? Attorney who handled divorce says that legal description suffices, and since decree was recorded , house now legally mine. He says title companies are wrong. What to do?

LdiJ

sallie4t said:
In the state of Arizona. I was granted our home in divorce decree. Decree has full legal description of property. Ex refuses to sign quit claim deed. Cannot sell or refinance without it, according to two title companies. What are my options/alternatives? Attorney who handled divorce says that legal description suffices, and since decree was recorded , house now legally mine. He says title companies are wrong. What to do?
You need to take the issue back to court for contempt....and ask the judge to order that the decree be enforced and that your ex be ordered to sign a quit claim deed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">