• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Son's Death

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

josmatt22

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Texas
This is a very complicated and we have an attorney but he is not doing anything.
My 14 year old son went to a party at a friends house. Gated Community.
He had been to the house many times. He was left off with another boy
and when he got out of the car he was attacked by a boy with and 80,000
volt Stun Gun. ( one of the boys at the party threatened him the week before and I have the print out and I called his mom) He called me to pick him up and said his back was burning. There were 8 boys and no supervision.
The mother was in the house. I got him home and called the Police and they came over and saw the stungun burns went to the house and got the stun gun. We pressed charges against the boy who stunned him. The other 2 boys that owned the gun nothing was done to them and they even had it at school and the asst principal knew.
I took him to the DR and I asked the Dr to check his heart and he said he ws fine. He did not got back to the school and started a charter school in the fall. He saw the dr 4 times during the 9 months and ran blood work one time
listened to his heart each time.He gave him a DT shot in August. on Oct.21 2004 he was getting ready for school and my husband went out to the car and came back in and found him on the bathroom floor. He had a heart attack and the Autopsy said Myocarditis, Cardiomyopathy. He was stunned
at the heart and there is not enough medical info on the Stun guns to say
it caused it and Myocarditis is caused by a virus, butthe DR. that did the
autopsy said he would chage the cause of death if we could find data that
the shock damaged his heart.
They don't want to go after the DR. Because of the Legal Caps, They might
want to go after the parents of the boy who had the Party for Negligance.
The boys who were 14 bought the stun guns off EBAY and they filmed the
stunning. They got the idea from Jackass. He also had a knee injury form the chase.
WE are in terrible shape financially, the hospital bill was over 15,000 the funeral was 10,000.
And the lawyer just has not done anything. We are ready to fire him. he has had it for 7 months. He changes his attitude every time we talk to him.
We are all going to counseling. We are basically existing. We don't know what to do. We want to get Justice for our son. Before he died he asked me to get a lawyer and do something to those boys. They terrorized him.
I would appreciate any suggestions.
Ann

shortbus

Basically there are two injuries. One is the stun gun incident. Two is the potential malpractice by the doctor. Each party can only be held liable for the portion of the injury they caused. You need to fire your lawyer and find someone more aggressive who will file a claim against both parties.

josmatt22

Thanks for your feedback. We fired and today hired and new attorney. We got 2 nasty letters from the old attorney. I am not answering. I feel much better. Thanks
jm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">