• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What Do I Do With All His "Stuff?"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kathy L. Dean

The name of my state is:
OREGON

My divorce was final on 01 December 2004, and I bought my husband out, so own my ranch in Josphine County, Williams Oregon, My ex-husband purchased property in Texas.

Since December of last year, I have been asking via phone and writing, that he remove his clothes, personal objects, garage tools, vehicles and other items. He just refuses to do so, always saying it will be "next week."

I at last got so frustrated, I actually packed everything for him (took me over one week), got bids from moving companies, scheduled a date for the move, plus even paid for the entire move of his objects to Texas. I had to cancel the whole thing last week because my ex refused to give me, and the moving company his address. He has Bi-polar disorder, and I took care of him for 22 years. I believe him to off some of his meds.

He expected the moving company to meet him at at some predetermined place and time, but this was impossible. I got a cheaper rate due to a "time period" for delivery between 4 to 10 days. We could not get the point across to him.

In spite of what I have gone through, he accuses me of "ruining his 4th of July weekend" and expects me to store all objects, or pay for storage of them somewhere. He claims he is going to sue me (for what?) and throws idle threats at me constantly, claiming he can store all his things here forever if he wants to.

All friends have told me that I should have given everything to Goodwill long ago, but I am not a mean person. I am not capable of doing that.

Does anyone know what the Oregon laws are? How can I get rid of this massive amount of stuff without hurting my ex-husband? How can I force him to come get it? PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks so much,
Kathy in Williams

LdiJ

Kathy L. Dean said:
The name of my state is:
OREGON

My divorce was final on 01 December 2004, and I bought my husband out, so own my ranch in Josphine County, Williams Oregon, My ex-husband purchased property in Texas.

Since December of last year, I have been asking via phone and writing, that he remove his clothes, personal objects, garage tools, vehicles and other items. He just refuses to do so, always saying it will be "next week."

I at last got so frustrated, I actually packed everything for him (took me over one week), got bids from moving companies, scheduled a date for the move, plus even paid for the entire move of his objects to Texas. I had to cancel the whole thing last week because my ex refused to give me, and the moving company his address. He has Bi-polar disorder, and I took care of him for 22 years. I believe him to off some of his meds.

He expected the moving company to meet him at at some predetermined place and time, but this was impossible. I got a cheaper rate due to a "time period" for delivery between 4 to 10 days. We could not get the point across to him.

In spite of what I have gone through, he accuses me of "ruining his 4th of July weekend" and expects me to store all objects, or pay for storage of them somewhere. He claims he is going to sue me (for what?) and throws idle threats at me constantly, claiming he can store all his things here forever if he wants to.

All friends have told me that I should have given everything to Goodwill long ago, but I am not a mean person. I am not capable of doing that.

Does anyone know what the Oregon laws are? How can I get rid of this massive amount of stuff without hurting my ex-husband? How can I force him to come get it? PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks so much,
Kathy in Williams
Send him a certified letter giving him 30 days to remove the items from your home or you will dispose of them.

Kathy L. Dean

Thanks os much LDIJ...

Thanks so much LDIJ. I will type it up today and get it down to a PO ASAP...Wait a minute. I don't know where he lives, and all he has is a PO Box...I think I remember that "Proof of Attempt" is enough when serving people...Kathy :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">