• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can anything be done??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ALH0211

What is the name of your state? Maryland

My grandfather left my grandmother 45 years ago for another woman (which he is still with) they were never legally divoroced but he has been out of the picture for the entire time. My grandmother passed away on 6/22/05 and not even a week later he had sent a certified letter to my mother stating the house and everything in it is his and we are not allowed in there. Can anything be done?? This man left my grandmother after a miscarriage of HIS child because she had cancer at the time. He also took out a $10,000 second mortgage before this happened and when he left he left the debt with her also. She not only paid that off but the house too and the taxes on it every year with not even so much as a penny from him. Can he possible be allowed to do this especially now when my grandmother has not even been buried yet since she is being cremated. Can anyone help us stop him????

LdiJ

ALH0211 said:
What is the name of your state? Maryland

My grandfather left my grandmother 45 years ago for another woman (which he is still with) they were never legally divoroced but he has been out of the picture for the entire time. My grandmother passed away on 6/22/05 and not even a week later he had sent a certified letter to my mother stating the house and everything in it is his and we are not allowed in there. Can anything be done?? This man left my grandmother after a miscarriage of HIS child because she had cancer at the time. He also took out a $10,000 second mortgage before this happened and when he left he left the debt with her also. She not only paid that off but the house too and the taxes on it every year with not even so much as a penny from him. Can he possible be allowed to do this especially now when my grandmother has not even been buried yet since she is being cremated. Can anyone help us stop him????
If he was listed on the home as a joint owner then there may be nothing that can be done. However if your mother has personal belongings inside the home she should get them out as quickly as possible. What a greedy jerk your grandfather is. Consult with an attorney ASAP.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">