• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insider trading

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rocketman

What is the name of your state? Texas

My question is are congressmen, senators or representatives allowed to do insider trading as stated by the infomercial guru, Kevin Trudeau?? I beleive he is stating that the above are allowed to do insider trading, but the average citizen or corporate person i.e. Martha Stewart will go to jail.
Thank you

Some Random Guy

All citizens of the united states are supposed to be equal under the law. The only exception to this is that the very top people like the president MAY have their prosecution deferred until after their term is up.

That being said, congressmen and senators get away with a lot of stuff because they are politicians and therefore good liars.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">