• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Annulment or Divorce?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

luvca

My state is California. I have been living with my wife for over 3 years now in California. She had Vaginismus (reflex tightening of vaginal muscles leading to vagina closing up like a vice) because of which intercourse was not possible (sorry- had to say that). Recently the vaginismus improved and we have been able to have partial intercourse which was not pleasurable because of the associated anxiety. We have been having fights and marital problems all this while. I have been patient but now it has run out after I discovered that I am losing my sex drive as well. To make matters worse, my wife has a bad temper. Though I am the more patient one, I just keep things to myself and they add up in my head and make me depressed. From my (maybe biased?) perspective, I have only lost from the relationship.

I am planning to file for divorce, what are the options I have, can I consider annulment? Can I consider uncontested divorce or summary dissolution? Which attorneys would be well suited for my case, any pointers or references? My wife is a student and I am working and we are living on my assets which are more than 40 K.

Last edited:

LdiJ

luvca said:
My state is California. I have been living with my wife for over 3 years now in California. She had Vaginismus (reflex tightening of vaginal muscles leading to vagina closing up like a vice) because of which intercourse was not possible (sorry- had to say that). Recently the vaginismus improved and we have been able to have partial intercourse which was not pleasurable because of the associated anxiety. We have been having fights and marital problems all this while. I have been patient but now it has run out after I discovered that I am losing my sex drive as well. I am planning to file for divorce, what are the options I have, can I consider annulment? Can I consider uncontested divorce or summary dissolution? Which attorneys would be well suited for my case, any pointers or references? My wife is a student and I am working and we are living on my assets which are more than 40 K.
Whatever happened to "in sickness and in health"?...sigh.

In any case, I doubt an annulment would be an option for you. As far as uncontested divorce or summary dissolution is concerned, that depends on whether or not your wife would cooperate.

luvca

LdiJ said:
Whatever happened to "in sickness and in health"?...sigh.

In any case, I doubt an annulment would be an option for you. As far as uncontested divorce or summary dissolution is concerned, that depends on whether or not your wife would cooperate.
Thanks LdiJ for your reply. I used to and still do believe in : "in sickness and in health" but the problem is that 1) our relationship was never good and had a rocky start 2) our relationship has gotten worse 3) Our counselor recommended separation. In a nutshell, we are driving each other more sick. And yes, I did cooperate for 3.5 years, now this relationship is making me increasingly depressed and I feel it would be better for BOTH of us to separate.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">