• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Annulment question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state? TX

Can I get an annulment if there was a child born from the marriage? We've been divorced for 2 years already.

LdiJ

TatumEstes said:
What is the name of your state? TX

Can I get an annulment if there was a child born from the marriage? We've been divorced for 2 years already.
If you are divorced there is no marriage to annul.

If you are talking about a religious annulment this board is not the place to ask that question.

Divorce as a legal status

If I just get a divorce, then I list myself as divorced and the records show I'm married and divorced, right? But I get it annulled, then can't I legally say it never happened? I am aware that religious and legal annullments are two completely things. So you're saying that you can only annul a marriage while you're married?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

TatumEstes said:
If I just get a divorce, then I list myself as divorced and the records show I'm married and divorced, right? But I get it annulled, then can't I legally say it never happened? I am aware that religious and legal annullments are two completely things. So you're saying that you can only annul a marriage while you're married?

My response:

Please compare your initial post to the above, which was your next post.

Do you even know what you're writing?

Are you on drugs or are you just drunk? Do you live in a trailer park?

IAAL

What in the world are you talking about?

No, I'm not on drugs or drunk and I definitely don't live in a trailer park.

If I just get a divorce, then, in the laws eyes, I've been married and then divorced. I'm asking if I can get an annulment to legally say that it never happened. How is that crazy or drug-induced?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

TatumEstes said:
No, I'm not on drugs or drunk and I definitely don't live in a trailer park.

If I just get a divorce, then, in the laws eyes, I've been married and then divorced. I'm asking if I can get an annulment to legally say that it never happened. How is that crazy or drug-induced?

My response:

Obviously, you FAILED to take my suggestion to read and compare your initial post, with your second post. So, I'll do it for you.

In your first post, you said - -

"We've been divorced for 2 years already."

Then, in your second post, you said - -

"If I just get a divorce . . ."

Do you see, now, why you sound like you're on drugs or drunk? You don't even know if you're married or divorced. Which one is it? Please decide.

IAAL

Impressions

No, I wouldn't ask, but you laid it out there for the world to know. That's inappropriate.

You're right, I'm not a busty redhead, I'm a busty blonde. And if you wrote busty blondes, I would still be disgusted. You're bragging about your professional accomplishments, which are very nice, then you totally ruin it with a childish remark that an 18-year old boy with blue balls would say.

Your turn to re-read the posts

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

I'm glad you admitted that. Now, go away and do your homework on your own. We respond to real situations, not hypotheticals.

IAAL

My question is not hypothetical. I have been divorced for two years to a guy with whom I have a child. I want to know if I can get it annulled and legally say it never happened.

I laid out a hypothetical situation for LdiJ in my 2nd post to get a clearer answer from him. Or someone who's actually on this site to give ADVICE, considering that the website is www.freeADVICE.com, not www.freeINSULTS.com.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

TatumEstes said:
No, I wouldn't ask, but you laid it out there for the world to know. That's inappropriate.

You're right, I'm not a busty redhead, I'm a busty blonde. And if you wrote busty blondes, I would still be disgusted. You're bragging about your professional accomplishments, which are very nice, then you totally ruin it with a childish remark that an 18-year old boy with blue balls would say.

My response:

Are you still here?

And, what do you know about "blue balls"? HOW DISGUSTING!!

Anyway, I'll bet you've got tiny titties, which is probably why you're being dumped.

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

TatumEstes said:
I'm asking for real advice, so please take your childish insults to another post.

My response:

Well, let's see - -

You don't know if you're married or not, and you don't know if your question is real or hypothetical.

Sound confusing?

IAAL

Last edited by a moderator:
Grow Up

This is the last time I'm going to respond to your comments. If anybody else would like to answer my VERY SIMPLE question, I would greatly appreciate it.

Mr. Liable,
Since you're so hellbent on reading posts, why don't you go back and read mine VERY SLOWLY. I think you've only been reading over 2nd or 3rd word, which is probably why you're so confused. Wait, I've already asked you to do that, and you "obviously FAILED to do so," so let me try this again:

1) I asked a question
2) I created a hypothetical situation based on my question to get a more clear answer
3) I've stated more than once that I'm divorced

So, please, I'm asking AGAIN, leave me alone, stop insulting me, and let a PROFESSIONAL answer my simple question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">