• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbors Ignorance Killed My Dog

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

computer guy21

What is the name of your state? Washington

My 3 year old very healthy dog died due to my neighbor's rat poison. My neighbor's didn't purposely poison him, but they did see him eat it. It took 2 weeks for the poison to start showing symptoms, and when they showed my dog died 5 hours later. They decided not to tell us about it because they thought that it wouldn't hurt him because it was "just rat poison." They're ignorance killed my dog, is their anything I can do legally to them? This dog was like a brother to me, and a member of the family. My neighbor's stupidity has destroyed me since the death.

JETX

computer guy21 said:
My 3 year old very healthy dog died due to my neighbor's rat poison. My neighbor's didn't purposely poison him, but they did see him eat it. It took 2 weeks for the poison to start showing symptoms, and when they showed my dog died 5 hours later. They decided not to tell us about it because they thought that it wouldn't hurt him because it was "just rat poison." They're ignorance killed my dog, is their anything I can do legally to them? This dog was like a brother to me, and a member of the family. My neighbor's stupidity has destroyed me since the death.
Gee, the one CRITICAL element to your entire post is....
How did your dog get access to the rat poison, which was presumably on THEIR property??
If this dog was truly like "a brother" to you.... and a member of your family, you shouldn't you have had him on a leash or behind a fence??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">