• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child needing advice for parents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fedup16

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? florida

hi my names katie and im in need on major legal advice. My dad and my step mother are currently getting divorced, but you see they have had an unsteady relationship for the past nine years (since they have been married basically), what i mean by unsteady is that they would break up then get back together all the time. Yet now it has come to the point where they are in the process of getting divorced. My dad is 46 and he is an air conditioning mechanic make around $17 an hour, my step mother works at a small private school as a janitor making $300 a week. In our household there are five people, my dad and stepmom, me (16), my brother and sister (9). So as you could see things are tight and we are on a major budget. And now that they are getting divorced my step mother is requesting child support (which is nomal) and alimony! So i thought to myself, how could my dad pay alimony and child support? He would be paying child support for my brother and sister, and I would be living with him so i am dependent on him. But alimony? He is an airconditioning mechanic for goodness sake! He does well during the summer months, bringing in a thousand a week, but during the winter months he brings in about $600 a week how could he pay alimony? So I need legal advice on this situation because at the current time my father feels it is eaiser to just stay with my stepmother than pay both alimony and child support and i cannot let that happen! this is a very unhealthy relationship and i dont want my brother and sister to grow up in this atmosphere like i did. But every lawyer i call or email does not repsond or listen to me because of my age, but i really need advice on this whole situation for my dad. I also need a low expense lawyer for my dad being that he fired his other one due to the high expense ($300 per hour). So if you could please help me or know any advice i would greatly appricate it! thanks!

LdiJ

fedup16 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? florida

hi my names katie and im in need on major legal advice. My dad and my step mother are currently getting divorced, but you see they have had an unsteady relationship for the past nine years (since they have been married basically), what i mean by unsteady is that they would break up then get back together all the time. Yet now it has come to the point where they are in the process of getting divorced. My dad is 46 and he is an air conditioning mechanic make around $17 an hour, my step mother works at a small private school as a janitor making $300 a week. In our household there are five people, my dad and stepmom, me (16), my brother and sister (9). So as you could see things are tight and we are on a major budget. And now that they are getting divorced my step mother is requesting child support (which is nomal) and alimony! So i thought to myself, how could my dad pay alimony and child support? He would be paying child support for my brother and sister, and I would be living with him so i am dependent on him. But alimony? He is an airconditioning mechanic for goodness sake! He does well during the summer months, bringing in a thousand a week, but during the winter months he brings in about $600 a week how could he pay alimony? So I need legal advice on this situation because at the current time my father feels it is eaiser to just stay with my stepmother than pay both alimony and child support and i cannot let that happen! this is a very unhealthy relationship and i dont want my brother and sister to grow up in this atmosphere like i did. But every lawyer i call or email does not repsond or listen to me because of my age, but i really need advice on this whole situation for my dad. I also need a low expense lawyer for my dad being that he fired his other one due to the high expense ($300 per hour). So if you could please help me or know any advice i would greatly appricate it! thanks!

I can understand you being concerned about your father and about your own future in the process. However, its simply not your place to get involved in this situation. Its between your dad and your stepmother, and any involvement on your part is likely to simply complicate things. Stay out of it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">