• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is there any way to find out if husband has retained lawyer in California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Broken Girl

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? California I want to know if there is any way to find out if husband has retained lawyer he says no but I do not believe him is there any way to find out?????
Im in the state of California

rmet4nzkx

Broken Girl said:
undefinedWhat is the name of your state? California I want to know if there is any way to find out if husband has retained lawyer he says no but I do not believe him is there any way to find out?????
Im in the state of California
Not until he files something in court. I suggest you go to your Superior court site for your county and first of all check to see if they have an online search and search your last name for cases, that will give the attorney's name if something has been filed, then check with the Family law faciliators office for more infromation or the self help site. You may want to consult an attorney if you think your husband may be planning to take some sort of legal action.

nextwife

rmet4nzkx said:
Not until he files something in court. I suggest you go to your Superior court site for your county and first of all check to see if they have an online search and search your last name for cases, that will give the attorney's name if something has been filed, then check with the Family law faciliators office for more infromation or the self help site. You may want to consult an attorney if you think your husband may be planning to take some sort of legal action.
And even if he has not retained an attorney and has filed pro se, he has every right to later retain one if he feels he needs to.

Bottom line, as in any legal matter, if YOU feel you need an attorney, get one, REGARDLESS of whether the other party feels they need one. This would apply to family law, real estate law, probate law, or whatever. What THEY choose to do should NOT determine whether YOU choose to have legal counsel.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">