• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can't find

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

onlybone

Have been seperated for over 16 years, and would like to marry my current common law wife, but are unable to locate my ex-wife. How do I go about finding her?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

onlybone said:
Have been seperated for over 16 years, and would like to marry my current common law wife, but are unable to locate my ex-wife. How do I go about finding her?

My response:

Why did you PURPOSEFULLY delete the State Name question?

Why did you FAIL to tell us your State Name?

IAAL

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Try contacting family members? Otherwise, talk to an attorney to find out how to proceed - you'll likely need to do a service by publication, but that has some very specific requirements to be considered a legal service.

tigger22472

onlybone said:

As IAAL stated you failed to write your state name... for one this determines if your state in fact has common law marriage laws... however that really doesn't matter as you aren't common law married. You can't be. You are still legally married to someone else which voids you being able to be common law married even if the state allows it.

Other then that do as Stealth mentioned because if you can't find her there are procedures to follow. In fact your wife may have already filed and said she couldn't find you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">