• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

In need of answers....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sequinde

What is the name of your state?
Georgia

Ok, I have been married for three years, and together with this man for four. Now, he and I have been seperated since September of 2004. I am trying to figure out if I am entitled to Spousal support and/or alimony due to the fact that I have been a housewife the whole time we were married until our seperation when I was forced to work because he left us with nothing. He and I have two children which one is biologically his. He pays nothing to us and i want to know if I am entitled to some support before and after we file for divorce. What is the law on this matter.

Sequinde

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

sequinde said:
What is the name of your state?
Georgia

Ok, I have been married for three years, and together with this man for four. Now, he and I have been seperated since September of 2004. I am trying to figure out if I am entitled to Spousal support and/or alimony due to the fact that I have been a housewife the whole time we were married until our seperation when I was forced to work because he left us with nothing. He and I have two children which one is biologically his. He pays nothing to us and i want to know if I am entitled to some support before and after we file for divorce. What is the law on this matter.

Sequinde

My response:

First of all, you're not going to get any Spousal Support. You haven't been married long enough. You will get an amount, however, for child support. But, it won't be enough because you're supposed to work to make up the other half.

IAAL

djohnson

. He and I have two children which one is biologically his.

****That one is all your going to get child support on also unless he adopted the other. He and you did not have two children. Yours is your responsible and his bio father's.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Spousal support and alimony are the same thing. And you're not going to get it for such a short marriage. You will get child support. For the one child that is his. You'll need to go after the other father for support for the other child.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">