• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor bitten by dog

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

manikman

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New Jersey

Today my neighbor put his hand through my fence and was bitten by my dog.

My drunken neighbor came over to my front yard and put his hand in between the edge of my fence and the house and then was bitten by my dog. He was not invited to come over and said that he was pulling weeds on our property. He also claimed later that he was partially at fault.

I then took him to the hospital where he did not receive any stitches but was given a tetnis shot and supposedly was told to stay out of work for a week.

Now we feel we need to get rid of the dog and afraid that he might sue.

Does he have any grounds being that he was on my property and stuck his hand in between my fence and was drunk?

PinHead

lawyer

jaycee bloom said:
you'll have a good claim. his claim that he was patially at fault can be a good start. if you are worried about this, you can consult a dog bite lawyer in your area.

----------------------

Phil I. Pines
"Everything has to be legal"

i agree with him, you know you have a good ground there for you to be able to ahve a claim then all you have to do is have a lawyer that you can trust on and that specializes in dog bit (personal injury)... good luck to you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">