• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how long must i be separated...?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ard1976

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Illinois

How long must I be separated in order to file "Irreconcilable Differences" in IL? Is this what is considered a "no fault" divorce, I assume?

Also, if my spouse and I share a home during this process (entirely for economic reasons), i.e. he moves to the basement, can this be considered separation or must it be a separate residence?

Is there any way to speed up the divorce process without filing a fault divorce, and if not, can my husband's marijuana use be cited as a reason for divorce?

Thanks so much.

LdiJ

ard1976 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Illinois

How long must I be separated in order to file "Irreconcilable Differences" in IL? Is this what is considered a "no fault" divorce, I assume?

Also, if my spouse and I share a home during this process (entirely for economic reasons), i.e. he moves to the basement, can this be considered separation or must it be a separate residence?

Is there any way to speed up the divorce process without filing a fault divorce, and if not, can my husband's marijuana use be cited as a reason for divorce?

Thanks so much.
I don't believe that Illinois requires a period of separation prior to divorce. Yes, irreconcilable differences is a "no fault" divorce. No, there is no way to speed up the process.....other than coming to agreements rather than duking it out in court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">