• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I See My Kids?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MELCALIMAG

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

Hello, my name is Melvin. I have been married for almost 5 years (13 November) and separated for over 2 years now. Have 2 kids, ages 4 and 2. We pretty much had a good relationship as far as with the kids, until recently. We had an argument in which even her mother tried to get into it. This was just last week. I usually go see my kids every other day, but haven't been able to see them since 1 July 05 (Today is 5 July). She has been avoiding my calls, voicemails, emails. I have been to her house, unluckily she has not been there, but I even left a note on her door. I have not heard from her since then. Since we have been separated I have always been responsible, as far as seein my kids and spending time with them and also by giving her money for the spending of my kids, I even pay the rent for her aparment aside from the money I provide for the kids. Apparently, she is tryin to hide the kids from me. I have even said in all my messages, "that it's not our kids fault of what has been happening between us and that I need them and well as they need me. I have always been a very responsible father with them.
I guess my question is if this is legal for her to do? Trying to avoid me just because we have problems and apparently hiding my kids from me?
I would really appreciate if I could get legal advice and I am going really desperate. Thank you for your time and consideration.

****UPDATE**** I just got an email from her saying that if I want to see my kids to call her lawyer. Any advice?

-Melvin

Last edited:

LdiJ

MELCALIMAG said:
What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

Hello, my name is Melvin. I have been married for almost 5 years (13 November) and separated for over 2 years now. Have 2 kids, ages 4 and 2. We pretty much had a good relationship as far as with the kids, until recently. We had an argument in which even her mother tried to get into it. This was just last week. I usually go see my kids every other day, but haven't been able to see them since 1 July 05 (Today is 5 July). She has been avoiding my calls, voicemails, emails. I have been to her house, unluckily she has not been there, but I even left a note on her door. I have not heard from her since then. Since we have been separated I have always been responsible, as far as seein my kids and spending time with them and also by giving her money for the spending of my kids, I even pay the rent for her aparment aside from the money I provide for the kids. Apparently, she is tryin to hide the kids from me. I have even said in all my messages, "that it's not our kids fault of what has been happening between us and that I need them and well as they need me. I have always been a very responsible father with them.
I guess my question is if this is legal for her to do? Trying to avoid me just because we have problems and apparently hiding my kids from me?
I would really appreciate if I could get legal advice and I am going really desperate. Thank you for your time and consideration.

-Melvin
No its not illegal for her to do that....however it wouldn't be illegal for you to stop giving her money either. Why? Because there are no court orders for custody/visitation or child support.

Its probably time to take it to court and get those issues settled legally.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">