• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False child welfare report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P McC

What is the name of your state? Michigan. My son and daughter in law are divorcing and it is getting ugly. He has the baby since she was arrested for domestic violence against him two weeks ago. She called the child welfare office against him and they came out today. He was feeding the baby (15 months) when they arrived. They wouldn't make a report because they could see everything was under control. She has been in the hospital last month for a failed suicide attempt and on several occations now punched and kicked him. (last time in the groin) He has a restraining order against her, but can she get in trouble for calling in a false report?

They both love the baby very much and under normal circumstances are both very good parents.

Last edited:

LdiJ

P McC said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan. My son and daughter in law are divorcing and it is getting ugly. He has the baby since she was arrested for domestic violence against him two weeks ago. She called the child welfare office against him and they came out today. He was feeding the baby (15 months) when they arrived. They wouldn't make a report because they could see everything was under control. She has been in the hospital last month for a failed suicide attempt and on several occations now punched and kicked him. (last time in the groin) He has a restraining order against her, but can she get in trouble for calling in a false report?

They both love the baby very much and under normal circumstances are both very good parents.
If they both love the baby very much and are normally very good parents then YOU as a grandparent need to intervene here.

The baby needs BOTH of them. You can help your grandchild get what your grandchild deserves....BOTH parents actively involved with their child.

I am 48 years old and have a 17 year old daughter. If I was in your situation I would be kicking butt for both of them.

P McC

I have been doing everything short of standing on my head. They both want physical custody of the baby, that's whats between them right now. Brian has arranged daycare while he is at work, Sarah is the one doing the crazy things. She has refused to take the medication from her hospital stay and never would go to the counseling sessions she was supposed to. I have told them the baby is what she is ( almost perfect ) because of the both of them, but there is no reasoning with my daughter in law right now. Her parents have contacted me and are upset with her too. My head is throbbing as I write, my grand daughter is the most important one right now and I don't think my daughter in law is stable enough to take charge of her. As soon as the temporary custody papers come in, (today I think) then Brian will let Sarah see her, probably not alone. I keep hoping things will settle down, but as soon as I start to breath normally Sarah does something else.

LdiJ

P McC said:
I have been doing everything short of standing on my head. They both want physical custody of the baby, that's whats between them right now. Brian has arranged daycare while he is at work, Sarah is the one doing the crazy things. She has refused to take the medication from her hospital stay and never would go to the counseling sessions she was supposed to. I have told them the baby is what she is ( almost perfect ) because of the both of them, but there is no reasoning with my daughter in law right now. Her parents have contacted me and are upset with her too. My head is throbbing as I write, my grand daughter is the most important one right now and I don't think my daughter in law is stable enough to take charge of her. As soon as the temporary custody papers come in, (today I think) then Brian will let Sarah see her, probably not alone. I keep hoping things will settle down, but as soon as I start to breath normally Sarah does something else.
Think about it for a moment. Think back to when you were a mother with an infant yourself. Think back to how you would have felt/reacted if someone had taken your baby away from you. Then decide whether Sarah is doing crazy things or not....under the circumstances. If after thinking it through, you still think that Sarah is unstable....then by all means protect the baby from that. However, if what you call "unstable" is desparation because her baby has been taken from her.....then maybe you need to have a long talk with your son about "sharing" and about what is really best for your granddaughter.

P McC

Sarah had the baby until she was arrested for domestic violence, she has done most of everything while she still had the baby. Calling the boss to get him fired, physically attacking him 4 times, attempted suicide, refusing to let him see the baby for three weeks, she was just arrested a week and a half ago. Now she just continues with the drive bys and calling child protective services on him. They came out and found everything in order. It's not because he had the baby, she did most of it while she had her ( and in her car for the fights) He even got an apartment for her and the baby and she took everything from their rental house with her. He has received many hand outs of second hand furniture and house hold items. She is unstable and I am worried.

This whole thing started the weekend after mothers day weekend. You're correct, I would have fought for my child too, but most of what she has done fell before he took her, he wants the temporary custody thing in place before he lets her go, even to Sarahs moms or sisters house, he wants to get her back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">