• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trying to get in touch

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jonathan21

What is the name of your state? Florida, wife in Mississippi, child in Colorado

Almost two and a half years ago, my wife and I separated. We initially went through the traditional divorce steps, they told us it would be 60 days and everything would be final. On day 59, my wife changed her mind and decided against giving me joint custody of our daughter, Elizabeth and canceled the paperwork. She disappeared and took our daughter with her. I have seen neither of them since. Recently I have heard from friends in my home town that she has been seen and spoken to, but that our daughter is in the custody of her grandparents in another state. I have no contact information for her still, but have researched and found her parents who apparantly have my child. Where should I go from here? The last I spoke to my wife, she informed me that she wanted me to pay child support, but that I cannot see my daughter. The Department of Human Services even told me she had been by and filed for child support, but they refused her because our marriage is still valid. So what do I do? Is there hope to see my daughter or am I doomed to giving up my rights in order to get the divorce? My wife told me those two years ago that the only way she would give me the divorce is if I surrendered my rights as a father. Help!

rmet4nzkx

Just how many children are you talking about? And why all of a sudden are you trying to have visitation with two different children, that two different mothers, one of which is your wife have hidden from you?
jonathan21 said:
What is the name of your state? Florida, wife in Mississippi, child in Colorado

Almost two and a half years ago, my wife and I separated. We initially went through the traditional divorce steps, they told us it would be 60 days and everything would be final. On day 59, my wife changed her mind and decided against giving me joint custody of our daughter, Elizabeth and canceled the paperwork. She disappeared and took our daughter with her. I have seen neither of them since. Recently I have heard from friends in my home town that she has been seen and spoken to, but that our daughter is in the custody of her grandparents in another state. I have no contact information for her still, but have researched and found her parents who apparantly have my child. Where should I go from here? The last I spoke to my wife, she informed me that she wanted me to pay child support, but that I cannot see my daughter. The Department of Human Services even told me she had been by and filed for child support, but they refused her because our marriage is still valid. So what do I do? Is there hope to see my daughter or am I doomed to giving up my rights in order to get the divorce? My wife told me those two years ago that the only way she would give me the divorce is if I surrendered my rights as a father. Help!
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=257298
jonathan21 said:
What is the name of your state? Mine is Florida, the child is in Mississippi

my ex and i signed visitation papers and both weekends so far i was supposed to get my son, she told me no. The most recent weekend she told me yes originally, and waited until I completed a four hour drive to tell me no again! the papers are notarized but have yet to go through the court system. Can I file for contempt before the papers have gone through the court system, if so, will they wait until she denies me visitation during the court order to help me? What can I do?? :confused:

tigger22472

rmet4nzkx said:
Just how many children are you talking about? And why all of a sudden are you trying to have visitation with two different children, that two different mothers, one of which is your wife have hidden from you?

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=257298
I was just going to ask the same thing!! I'm totally confused now, however it makes you wonder if it is two women what he's done that they don't want him near the children and if it's only one woman why he's telling different facts.

rmet4nzkx

tigger22472 said:
I was just going to ask the same thing!! I'm totally confused now, however it makes you wonder if it is two women what he's done that they don't want him near the children and if it's only one woman why he's telling different facts.
And when we put 2 & 2 together

Silence...............

Inquireing minds want to know :confused: :confused:

jonathan21

It is two different women, my wife and the woman I was with for two years after the separation. This is not an 'all of a sudden' thing. I have been trying to get information regarding my wife's werabouts since we signed divorce papers and it wasn't until a few days ago where I received the information about my daughter and her being in Colorado. I would have taken care of her before but I can't afford a private investigator to find her.

As far as my newest son, my girlfriend decided she wanted nothing to do with me a mere month after his birth. I have been trying since then to get her to get into court, sign papers, anything. It was a month ago she finally agreed to sign the visitation papers, and has denied me the right ever since.

I didn't know this was a gossip board, nor did I realize it was a judgement day. I am doing all I can do to be with my children, if you have to words of wisdom or advice, don't respond.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">