• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Annulment question???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

belaboo

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? TX

Hello. Have a question regarding annulment in TX. Is it possible to get an annulment after signing an "informal marriage" agreement with an individual I never lived with and never had any other relationship other than "friends"- not intimate, I know this would be a difficult thing to prove, and quite unbelievable. It is the truth, however. Am I better off just filing for a divorce to avoid having to go to the hearing? This took place around 1997. Again, we never resided together, the informal marriage was never real. Thanks!

LdiJ

belaboo said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? TX

Hello. Have a question regarding annulment in TX. Is it possible to get an annulment after signing an "informal marriage" agreement with an individual I never lived with and never had any other relationship other than "friends"- not intimate, I know this would be a difficult thing to prove, and quite unbelievable. It is the truth, however. Am I better off just filing for a divorce to avoid having to go to the hearing? This took place around 1997. Again, we never resided together, the informal marriage was never real. Thanks!
You should probably consult an attorney on that one.

scottspixie

I hope that you are not in the military... if so you may owe the government A LOT of money on this one. Contract marriages are not cool, and are never a good idea. You have been married to long to get an annulment, you will have to pay for the divorce, and I hope the spouse doesnt take advantage of you. Good Luck, and again, I really do hope you arent in the military, if you are DONT get an annulment even if it is an option. File for a regulat divorce as if you were married, just state that you never lived together, dont bring up contract marriage into the mix of it at all cost. When your command gets your divorce papers, you will most likely get slammed with paying back all that BAH and brigg time... plus more.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">