• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

protection against loaning equipment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Interstate Glas

What is the name of your state? Ohio

My family runs a small glazing contract business. We own a couple of lifts, such as a scissor lift for large jobs and often other contractors on sites want to borrow our equipment. We have no problem with this, however, we need to be able to protect ourselves if they should be injured on our equipment or damage our equipment in some way. Do we need them to sign a disclaimer, send a copy of their insurance or what? If I create a general disclaimer, would it hold up in court if something should happen?

Some Random Guy

Go to Taylor Rental, Caterpillar or any other big chain that rents equipment. See what they have you sign. I'm sure that they put a lot of thought in to their disclaimers and contracts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">