• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Concernfriend

What is the name of your state? Florida
My question is I been married for 11 years but separated for 6 if I filled for divorce can i request for him to pay for it or whoever filles has to pay for it, is there a way around me not paying for it.

Gracie3787

Concernfriend said:
What is the name of your state? Florida
My question is I been married for 11 years but separated for 6 if I filled for divorce can i request for him to pay for it or whoever filles has to pay for it, is there a way around me not paying for it.
You can fillout a financial affidavit and a motion asking that the filing fees be determined at time of trial. You can ask for him to be ordered to pay. This only works if your income isn't real high.
Ask the court clerk for the papers to file, they usually have a divorce packet that can be purchased for around 15 to 20 dollars.

JUSTWONDERINGKY

Just Curious

I just read this post and have a question. I can completely understand that you would want divorced after being separated for such a long time. But my question is why do you expect him to pay for the whole thing? If you are the one filing shouldn't you pay or at least pay half or maybe even a portion? Why try and make him pay for the whole thing? ( I only ask because I have a friend who recently went through a divorce and his wife pretty much tried the same thing. So I am honestly just curious as to why.) Thanks for your time and good luck.

Concernfriend

The reason why is ask for him to pay the whole thing is because he is the one that left me and my daughter for another woman, now he has a kid with this woman, and he does not even care about my daughter,but thats besides the point. our state is a no fault state but he is the one with the affair i just dont think i should pay for it because he left us.

lilp174

totally right

I feel that you are completely right no this whole thing you really shouldnt have to pay for it, he is completely in the wrong and if you want this divorce he should to being that he is with another woman anyway

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">