• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I have no idea what my rights are...HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

texaswife

What is the name of your state? texas
One week ago my husband left us. We have 3 children and own a home that we have lived in for 8 years. He is claiming that i cheated on him, when in fact i did not. I love my husband and am fighting to save my marriage. I have been a stay at home mom the entire marriage. So i have very little job experience (which i am currently looking for). He is now saying that I have to leave our home. I refuse to uproot our children. Can he just kick us out of our home? He chose to leave. I begged him not to. I have absolutely NOWHERE to go. I need to know my rights in order to protect myself and our children's future. He also has my computer "bugged" so he knows every move I make. I cannot afford an attorney at all. I feel like I may get screwed here, because of my lack of knowledge (so to speak). I'm terrified that he could take EVERYTHING from me including our kids. What on earth do I do? What can I do? As far as I know he hasn't filed anything...yet. Can someone PLEASE help!?

LdiJ

texaswife said:
What is the name of your state? texas
One week ago my husband left us. We have 3 children and own a home that we have lived in for 8 years. He is claiming that i cheated on him, when in fact i did not. I love my husband and am fighting to save my marriage. I have been a stay at home mom the entire marriage. So i have very little job experience (which i am currently looking for). He is now saying that I have to leave our home. I refuse to uproot our children. Can he just kick us out of our home? He chose to leave. I begged him not to. I have absolutely NOWHERE to go. I need to know my rights in order to protect myself and our children's future. He also has my computer "bugged" so he knows every move I make. I cannot afford an attorney at all. I feel like I may get screwed here, because of my lack of knowledge (so to speak). I'm terrified that he could take EVERYTHING from me including our kids. What on earth do I do? What can I do? As far as I know he hasn't filed anything...yet. Can someone PLEASE help!?
Absolutely, positively DO NOT leave your home or your children. He has no right to kick you out. Call the police if he tries. See if you can find someone to help you "unbug" your computer. Get yourself a consult with an attorney.

Why does he think that you cheated on him? You may be able to diffuse this situation if you can prove that his suspicions are incorrect.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">