• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I'm still married and he married someone else!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cah68

What is the name of your state? California

My soon to be ex-husband and I were together for 18 years, married for 7, with no kids. We are going through a divorce after he sprung on me that he met someone else. He met this girl online and is a resident of Mexico. The divorce isn't final until September 21, 2005. Well, in Febuary of this year he married her in Mexico. And we're still married! Before I found out he was married to someone else, I decided that I would not contest the divorce and not take anything from him. We'd go our separate ways. Now, after I found out that he got married..and she's pregnant...I want half! Why should she get to enjoy the things we had while we were together? Do I have any rights? Can I press charges? Is the marriage legal eventhough he got married in Mexico? Can I go back and contest the divorce?

Am I too late? Help!

cah68 said:

My soon to be ex-husband and I were together for 18 years, married for 7, with no kids. We are going through a divorce after he sprung on me that he met someone else. He met this girl online and is a resident of Mexico. The divorce isn't final until September 21, 2005. Well, in Febuary of this year he married her in Mexico. And we're still married! Before I found out he was married to someone else, I decided that I would not contest the divorce and not take anything from him. We'd go our separate ways. Now, after I found out that he got married..and she's pregnant...I want half! Why should she get to enjoy the things we had while we were together? Do I have any rights? Can I press charges? Is the marriage legal eventhough he got married in Mexico? Can I go back and contest the divorce?

Am I too late? Help!
Yeah... it is bigamy... he can get in tons of troubles with law if he is married to you and her same time.

- Tom

LdiJ

cah68 said:

Am I too late? Help!
Consult an attorney regarding re-opening your property settlement.

rmet4nzkx

Contact the Family law Facilitator's office for your county's Superior court, for assistance in making the motion to amend your response due to his fraud. A;so contact the DA office re criminal complaint. Does his "wife" have a visa or green card?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">