• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

EX PARTE Tempory Protection Order?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ELK775

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?STATE OF NEVADA

I am separated from my wife of 14 years (7 living together and 7 married) for 4 months now. During those 4 months I have been accused of causing everything bad that has happened since I left and have been called every name in the book.

I have NOT done anything I am being accused of and NEVER would have.

SO, on June 27 2005 she is granted an EX PARTE TPO against me. To this day I have NOT been served yet. Since she was granted the TPO she has been making all sorts of harassing phone calls and has even showed up at my door. She is now demanding money and insurance information I don't have, She Does.

Even thou I have NOT been served am I "right" by abiding by the parts I do know about (do not contact and stay 100 yards away)???????

Last, why is she allowed to harass me and not get in trouble for it BUT if I contact or harass her in any way I can go to jail?

Thanks All,

Eric

sbrewski

A lot of people are really angry. I don't understand why it is so easy for women to get restraining orders just on their word. My boyfriend left the empty box to his night vision scope to his gun on the mantle and she told the judge he left it there as a threat. LOL I can't believe our court system. Good luck. Some people have no life of their own other then to try to make other people miserable.

1mrtym

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that restraining order goes both ways. I'd be calling the police next time she shows up at your door, or record her harrassing phone calls. You can watch her get taken away in handcuffs on her own restraining order. I am not from your state, maybe its different there.

Zephyr

restraining orders do not always go both ways, however if she continues in this path she is only hurting herself, everytime she comes to your place, call the police and ask them to remove her, do not answer your phone when she calls let it go to the machine,( hopefully she's dumb enough to leave a message) eventually (after two or three times of calling the police) you can go into court and ask that the restraining order against you be dropped and taken off of your record (they may not grant this request but it has been done) and you can request a restraining order against her.

I am not sure but her trying to bait you into breaking the order may also be some sort of harrassment

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">