• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husbands business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sgtjnichols

What is the name of your state? Arkansas
We have been married almost 5 yrs. Husband left 3 wks ago stating that I wasnt behind his business with his brother. The business was started 6 mths ago, he has paid nothing towards any of the bills at the house. Can I get anything from my husbands part of the business? Dont really think its a incorparation because it doesnt state that on his business cards

nextwife

IS there anything to get? Most businesses don't show a profit the first year or two. Actually, the start up costs frequently generate debt.

sgtjnichols

Arkansas Well I was just thinking that since I did support him for 6 months while getting the business started. There must be something to get, like half of his salary a month, boy that would be great. (and yes im dreaming) He went and bought a new truck, just wondering since the business was started during our marriage and i did help that is all. It would be making money if his brother would quit stealing it, but he took his brother over me . So would like to get him back somehow. and thanks for your imput, I need a lot of help on this one, have a lot of things I need to ask.

sgtjnichols

Arkansas Well I was just thinking that since I did support him for 6 months while getting the business started. There must be something to get, like half of his salary a month, boy that would be great. (and yes im dreaming) He went and bought a new truck, just wondering since the business was started during our marriage and i did help that is all. It would be making money if his brother would quit stealing it, but he took his brother over me . So would like to get him back somehow. and thanks for your imput, I need a lot of help on this one, have a lot of things I need to ask.

nextwife

You've only been married five years. If you financially supported the business start-up, then it may make sense to retain a share of it, but if it has no actual paid off assets, doesn't yet have a reliable book of business, or a name with the good-will business associated with it so it has marketable value, I'd be doubtful this start-up has anything but debt to share at this point.

If you lent start up money to the business, you can make an arguement that it should be paid back, or you can claim a partial interest and hang onto it, if not a Corp or LLC business, but it the business ultimately fails, you'd get nothing anyway.

Men support sometimes their wives for YEARS as the sole party contributing financially to the household, and not only don't get any financial "payback" if the marriage fails for being the sole supportive party, but end up ordered to pay THEM alimony.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">