• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance for Electronic products by store in france

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G4-450

Hello

I wanted to ask a general question based on 3rd party insurance sold in a retail electronic store ( large chain actually) and how long the retail stores technicians have to fix or replace a product damaged by accident.

My question has to do with a apple powerbook i purchased in france at a chain known as the FNAC, the french store sold us insurance for 200€ for 2 years and claimed that it covers everything from dropping the computer.

So it happened and we took it to the stores tech shop, and they told use if the parts cost more then the computer then they will give the money back or another computer, sounded too good to be true., and 3 months past since we heard from them.

So we called several times and where told from the insurance company that the shops tech people are taking a long time, and then the tech place claimed the insurance people are taking there time getting this processed.

What would a person do about this in general, i read the insurance papers do not grantee how long the shops technicians can take to produce a repair of the product, i imagined 30-90 days at the most, we where told 2-3 weeks verbally.

1-should it be taken to court to be compensated for all this time?

2-or is there a possibility to get another insurance company to seek compensation and replace the product or money?

3-What rights do i have as a U.S. citizen when purchasing over seas?

4-What are the general rules for these types of insurances provided by 3rd party through a vender/distributer?

I feel like i paid for insurance and it is all a fake..

Last edited:

claimlaw

You have two choices:

1. Trust the smelly frogs and hope it works out;

2. Turn it in on your HO coverage and let your insurer subrogate against the 3rd party.

Lesson: Never buy a consumer electronic item of considerable value outside the US.

Claimlaw

G4-450

claimlaw said:
You have two choices:

1. Trust the smelly frogs and hope it works out;

2. Turn it in on your HO coverage and let your insurer subrogate against the 3rd party.

Lesson: Never buy a consumer electronic item of considerable value outside the US.

Claimlaw
What is the HO covergage?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">