• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1eye

What is the name of your state? Iowa

When I woke up this morning I had a flat tire. So I took it to the repair shop, along with the flat tire I took a brand new tire that I had on a different rim just in case the flat tire was unable to be patched. I drop the tire off and they tell me that it will be ready in 15-20 mins so I left to do some running I had to do before work I come back about half hour later and I see in the garage door that the mechanic is working on my tire so I leave again and come back a few moments later and se that he is now working on another tire. so I go to the cashier and ask if my tire is ready to go. She begins looking around and cannot find it so she has my boyfriend and I follow her into the garage to see if we can locate it. we get out there and we locate it and they have my two rims (bare) sitting against the wall and two tires sitting next to them. The guy who was fixing them said that the two tires were no good and I would have to buy a new tire. He had my one flat tire there and he had someone else's messed up tire sitting there and he had my new tire off in another part of the garage. We began explaining to him what it is that we wanted him to do and another mechanic was grinding down a rim about 40 feet away from us and something hit me in the eye. I told the cashier that I had gotten hit in the eye by something, I wasn't really worrying about it at first it just hurt like hell it had felt like someone had punched me. She had me wash my eye out with eye wash and called there doctor and had me go to there doctor just to make sure that it was all right. I found out that it had tore my cornea and I am off work for a while at least two days, so I am going to lose at least two hundred dollars. I am not allowed to go outside or in a lighted room without my eye being covered. The drops I have to use every couple hours stings like crazy. My question is are they reliable for this even though they have signs posted say employees only in the garage sense it was an employee that took us into the garage?
Oh and in case anyone is wondering Did I have to pay for the repair? YES!!!! The owner told the cashier loud as could be "If we have to pay for her doctor bill she will pay for her repair" What a B***H

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">