• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bigamy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rotter

What is the name of your state?Michigan
Ran away at age 14 to be with a man 20 years my senior. Had a child with him at 16. Married him at age 18. Although we have seperated and reconciled numerous times and he has sired 2 more children with other women, we have remained married since 1979. I have moved from california to arizona to michigan to help him care for these children. Three years ago he admitted to having married another woman and promised to pay for us to get a divorce. I agreed not to file bigamy charges against him if he would proceed and pay for our divorce. He has now bought a new house with his other wife and has told me to "get lost".
Am I able to get this divorce and have him pay for it? I am in poor health and have no income other than my families financial support.

Last edited:

rmet4nzkx

rotter said:
What is the name of your state?Michigan
Ran away at age 14 to be with a man 20 years my senior. Had a child with him at 16. Married him at age 18. Although we have seperated and reconciled numerous times and he has sired 2 more children with other women, we have remained married since 1979. I have moved from california to arizona to michigan to help him care for these children. Three years ago he admitted to having married another woman and promised to pay for us to get a divorce. I agreed not to file bigamy charges against him if he would proceed and pay for our divorce. He has now bought a new house with his other wife and has told me to "get lost".
Am I able to get this divorce and have him pay for it? I am in poor health and have no income other than my families financial support.
Get an attorney Monday! When did he marry this other woman? You have a long term marriage and may be entitled for his to pay for the divorce, spousal support and equatible division of marital property, including this house he bought with his other wife.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">