• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex boyfriend owes me money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sewdizzy

What is the name of your state? michigan
i am a brain injured adult, result of an auto accident. my ex boyfriend and i broke up in april of 2005. he has never paid any bills durring the relationshp of 2 yrs. durring this time i bought a house, a truck, and a new car for his son. i paid all his debts both overdue and current. i paid for his 20 yr old son to go to study abroad, his rent for an apt his ins all medical bills and his books and clothing. all money they verbaly promised to pay back. my ex has property up north which i paid all his taxes... which were 2 yrs behind, and all overdue payments and current payments for 2 yrs. he never worked but said he was, and racked up 45,000 miles on a new truck which i paid to customize i have since gotten the truck back in poor shape. can he be sued for taking advantage of me?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

sewdizzy said:
What is the name of your state? michigan
i am a brain injured adult, result of an auto accident. my ex boyfriend and i broke up in april of 2005. he has never paid any bills durring the relationshp of 2 yrs. durring this time i bought a house, a truck, and a new car for his son. i paid all his debts both overdue and current. i paid for his 20 yr old son to go to study abroad, his rent for an apt his ins all medical bills and his books and clothing. all money they verbaly promised to pay back. my ex has property up north which i paid all his taxes... which were 2 yrs behind, and all overdue payments and current payments for 2 yrs. he never worked but said he was, and racked up 45,000 miles on a new truck which i paid to customize i have since gotten the truck back in poor shape. can he be sued for taking advantage of me?

My response:

No. You willingly gave them the money. You're completely and utterly out of luck.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">