• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

husband and hotels

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pattigunter

What is the name of your state? Texas
Could my x husband to be walk into a hotel/ motel and get the registery ? Could his lawyer supeona those records ?

LdiJ

pattigunter said:
Could my x husband to be walk into a hotel/ motel and get the registery ? Could his lawyer supeona those records ?
I kind of doubt it...

In any case, isn't Texas a no-fault state? Wouldn't that make that kind of information irrelevant?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I work part time for a hotel and trust me, there is NO way your ex can walk into a hotel and walk away with the registry.

The hotel would be required to comply with a subpoena IF one were issued. However, judges don't issue subpoenas for the fun of it. There'd have to be a really good reason.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

pattigunter said:
My response:

Hey, Patti . . . were you stupid enough to use your own name?

So, you've been doing some "one hour" motel hopping, huh? Better hope you don't have children . . . because that's where this type of information is going to hurt you in court. Judges don't like giving children to skanks.

IAAL

LdiJ

Well...this one is going to get my butt kicked since IAAL is on a real roll today...but maybe its time to give Stealth some relief....

OP...adultery is rarely an issue these days in divorce/custody issues. Its unlikely to have any real bearing on your case.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

LdiJ said:
Well...this one is going to get my butt kicked since IAAL is on a real roll today...but maybe its time to give Stealth some relief....

OP...adultery is rarely an issue these days in divorce/custody issues. Its unlikely to have any real bearing on your case.

My response:

From a legal, and educational, standpoint I could beat the crap out of you with both hands tied behind my back. Do you recall when I said - -

"Better hope you don't have children . . . because that's where this type of information is going to hurt you in court."

Insofar as the marriage is concerned, it was ME who taught you about "No Fault" marital States, and the fact of adultery plays no part in the Dissolution between the parties. So, nothing new there.

However, IF this idiot has children, then her moral character will come into play. Custody or visitation orders intruding on a parent's associational or privacy interests will withstand attack only where there is "compelling evidence" of a "significant bearing" on the children's welfare. [Marriage of Wellman (1980) 104 Cal.App.3d 992, 999, 164 Cal.Rptr. 148, 152]

"Significant bearing". What may be "significant" to one judge, may be wholly different to another judge. Most judges don't do this type of balancing test - - they err on the side of the children's welfare. So, when Patti is discovered to be "something less" in the moral character department, the judge is more than likely to rip custody away from her, and to place her on "monitored visitation."

There were probably drugs in Patti's story, too. But, she's not telling. The judge will know, though.

IAAL

LdiJ

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

From a legal, and educational, standpoint I could beat the crap out of you with both hands tied behind my back. Do you recall when I said - -

"Better hope you don't have children . . . because that's where this type of information is going to hurt you in court."

Insofar as the marriage is concerned, it was ME who taught you about "No Fault" marital States, and the fact of adultery plays no part in the Dissolution between the parties. So, nothing new there.

However, IF this idiot has children, then her moral character will come into play. Custody or visitation orders intruding on a parent's associational or privacy interests will withstand attack only where there is "compelling evidence" of a "significant bearing" on the children's welfare. [Marriage of Wellman (1980) 104 Cal.App.3d 992, 999, 164 Cal.Rptr. 148, 152]

"Significant bearing". What may be "significant" to one judge, may be wholly different to another judge. Most judges don't do this type of balancing test - - they err on the side of the children's welfare. So, when Patti is discovered to be "something less" in the moral character department, the judge is more than likely to rip custody away from her, and to place her on "monitored visitation."

There were probably drugs in Patti's story, too. But, she's not telling. The judge will know, though.

IAAL
Stealth...you better be prepared to thank me for this one......

You didn't teach me crap about "no-fault divorce"...I had a strong handle on that long before ever encountering you.

As far a education is concerned...I believe that I have taught you quite a bit about one particular area of family law where you honestly had no real handle on anything outside of CA....and no real idea that the rest of the country wasn't the same as CA.

AND...don't you quote 1980 case law to back up a position that you know is untenable today. That was a full generation ago.

Yep...she may encounter an old fashioned judge who will take adultery into consideration in a child custody issue. The odds of that are pretty slim, but it could happen. However that wasn't the message that you gave her.

So...pound sand IAAL.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

LdiJ said:
Stealth...you better be prepared to thank me for this one......

You didn't teach me crap about "no-fault divorce"...I had a strong handle on that long before ever encountering you.

As far a education is concerned...I believe that I have taught you quite a bit about one particular area of family law where you honestly had no real handle on anything outside of CA....and no real idea that the rest of the country wasn't the same as CA.

AND...don't you quote 1980 case law to back up a position that you know is untenable today. That was a full generation ago.

Yep...she may encounter an old fashioned judge who will take adultery into consideration in a child custody issue. The odds of that are pretty slim, but it could happen. However that wasn't the message that you gave her.

So...pound sand IAAL.

My response:

Ooooooooooh, I just love a feisty woman.

You get me so HOT when you talk that way!

Just remember, stay off of California threads.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">