• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Chances for the house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sgpickle

What is the name of your state?MO

16 months into the divorce now. Court date set for about 8 weeks. Informed of having to go through mediation w/in 30days because he wants me to sell the house and I want to keep it for our minor children have lived in this house all of their lives. The mediator assigned happens to be the small town local attorney who has had several working relationships with almost ex-husband as well as building a home for this attorneys daughter. I am thinking this isn't a good thing. What can be done about this? (I do have an attorney but can't talk to him until Tues. I won't be able to sleep unless I know)

nextwife

Have you considered getting a cash out refinance and buying out his interest (in addition to getting him off the mortgage). This would accomplish the same thing selling the house would- getting him his share of equity and getting him off the mortgage) in addition to providing you the home.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">