• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is an annulment needed???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

curiousfriend

What is the name of your state? PA
My friend was married 3 years ago in Las Vegas and lived with her husband for 2 years and had a child. They have separated and she discovered he was never divorced from his first wife when they were married. Does she have to seek an annulment or can she just move on with her life as if the marriage never existed??? Please Help!

LdiJ

curiousfriend said:
What is the name of your state? PA
My friend was married 3 years ago in Las Vegas and lived with her husband for 2 years and had a child. They have separated and she discovered he was never divorced from his first wife when they were married. Does she have to seek an annulment or can she just move on with her life as if the marriage never existed??? Please Help!
She should probably consult an attorney. The marriage is probably void...but I tend to think that getting an annulment is probably wise.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">