• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suing my homeowners

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mdailey

We're in VA. My son and his friend had an incident that has prompted us to voluntarily pay his medical expenses. His parents have contacted us 6-times regarding how we're going to pay whether out-of-pocket or homeowners. It shouldn't matter how, just as long as we do it. They are so mad, we think they're are contemplating suing our homeowners. What happens if they do?

claimlaw

They won't sue your HO Insurer, they will sue you.

Your HO Insurer as a duty to your Liability[Section II] coverage will be obligated to defend you most likely.

What was the incident and on whose property did the incident occur?

Claimlaw

mdailey

The incident happened at their house. My son accidentally shot him in the neck with a BB. It barely broke the skin, but a doctor had to remove it and no stitches were needed. It's a long story, but these boys have played with their BB guns for 3-years - like shooting at birds & squirrels. They filed a petition against my son & he will have 90-days of community service. We've promised to pay the bills since the beginning, so why do people feel they need to sue?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">