• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car hobby is making me money....need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cobra9450

What is the name of your state? MA

My father and I like working on classic cars. We have restored a couple cars (about 1 a year) and sold the cars after driving them for a month or two. Now I am getting requests from the local clubs to work on club members cars and approached to build a car for someone. I am worried that I may have already crossed the line.

The main issue is that I live in a residential zone and the town would never approve an auto "repair" shop in my neighborhood.

So, I need to pay taxes on my profits, but that means I need to be a business, but I can't create a business because my town won't let me. What can I do. I really don't wanna stop enjoying my hobby, but I may not have that choice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">