• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marital Property or Personal Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

purplerose1

What is the name of your state? Florida
My husband and I have been married for 6 years. Since we live in a No-Fault Divorce State, the reason for our divorce is not relevant from what I understand. Even though he has had relations outside of the marriage.

My question pertains to property. Since his car is in his name only, but acquired during the marriage, is it considered marital property or personal property? And do I have any legal rights to this car at all? :confused:

ticket11

I live in North Carolina and here the basic law is 50-50. Anything acquired during your marriage is considered yours and his, so you should be entitled to half of the value even if it is in his name.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">