• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sawdust in air from pellett factory next door

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dickle

undefinedundefinedWhat is the name of your state?Pennsylvania
We live next door to a pellett factory and there is a severe sawdust problem in the air. I have read info. on the internet on the health effects of breathing this in and they are not good. We have called D.E. P. several times over the past 5 years and nothing seems to get done. Do we have any legal standing to press charges against the owner for littering?

funkymonkey

Sometimes People That Are Right Get Short End of Stick

Oklahoma-The first question any court will want to know was there any real damages done to you. They don't want to know what might could happen but what has already happened to you before anything would be done or considered. The only advice you would get would be for you to move if you don't like it. Crappy advice. Especially if you were there first. If you have damages than that opens up another story. Then you would have to prove it came from the sawdust. Documented proof! I am going out on a limb here because I don't know alot about this topic but you might check out what needs to be done to prove a public nuisance case. Good Luck!

dtm1966

Call the Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality at1-800-522-0206 or http://www.deq.state.ok.us internet address. A company can not endanger the community and putting out high quantities of particulate matter into the air can endandure the community. You can try to get the EPA involved but they usually leave it up to the state until actual damages to community health are involved.

Hope this helps

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">