• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dog Bite Wa state on County property.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dianels3

I took trash to county dump. While unloading attendant walked over with dog.( Not his, just one that walked there from near by house and that he sometimes let keep him company there.)

The dog came to me happy like, as I bent down to pet it, it jumped up and bit me in the eye. Much blood, shock bruising. It missed the tear duct and now after almost 2 years (October) it has healed up to a 1/4 inch scar.

Dog catcher was involved, Sheriff dept involved, Hospital involved. Dog owners were renters have no money/ insurance and moved away soon after.

I work for the County. I was in planning stage of starting animal transport business with two other people. I can not do this now, too much fear of dog bites. I have small dog and freeze up when he tries to lick my face or even gets near it. When I pass the drug/k-nine dogs in Sheriff dept I have to take time to control myself and try to remove the smell of fear from me.

Do I have a case for lawsuit? Will the county fire me if I sue?

Do I need a Attorney from another County?

Thanks

racer72

Do you plan on suing the county? If you do, I see nothing in your post that could hold the county liable for your injuries. And suing government entities in Washington is a 3 step process, you will require the services of an attorney. I would suggest you see one soon.

jity

Who owns the dump, most lease or rent this space. Your damages are against the dog owners. I don't see how you can twist this towards the city/county. What about walking down a public road and get bit by a dog??? Your tort is with the dog owner and the dog.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">