• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal injury-Privacy-Use of Photograph

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jmckenzie10

What is the name of your state? California

I'm am trying to find out if I have a case against a company who took some shots of me, he said they were "sample shots" but then I started finding them on their websites and was told I was in their magazines. They're not nude or anything. I am just concerned because I didn't know about the photographs.

panzertanker

jmckenzie10 said:
What is the name of your state? California

I'm am trying to find out if I have a case against a company who took some shots of me, he said they were "sample shots" but then I started finding them on their websites and was told I was in their magazines. They're not nude or anything. I am just concerned because I didn't know about the photographs.
What paperwork did you sign for the photos, and were you paid for them?

nash ville

i also know some similar cases but most of the victims' photos were used in adult sites. anyway, you're saying that you're not nude or anything in the photos so i just wanna know if what really bothers you? does it has something to do with your privacy?

jmckenzie10

It's privacy and also I feel as though he took advantage of the photos. I spoke to him a few months ago and he told me I was in the magazine so he told me he would mail them to me, but he never did. So then I spoke to him a few weeks ago and I asked if he could mail me the magazines with my pictures and he responded by saying that I wasn't in any of the magazines. I told him then that's not what he told me the last time I talked to him on the phone. Then he says I will mail them out. Sounds like he was trying to hide something.

panzertanker

jmckenzie10 said:
It's privacy and also I feel as though he took advantage of the photos. I spoke to him a few months ago and he told me I was in the magazine so he told me he would mail them to me, but he never did. So then I spoke to him a few weeks ago and I asked if he could mail me the magazines with my pictures and he responded by saying that I wasn't in any of the magazines. I told him then that's not what he told me the last time I talked to him on the phone. Then he says I will mail them out. Sounds like he was trying to hide something.
So you do not even KNOW if the photos have been published, and you still have not answered my previous questions...

jmckenzie10

The photos were not nude. He took lots of pictures because he was trying to help me get into the business but then he turned out to be really flakey. I didn't know he would go and use my pictures on his websites and in his magazine for his advertising purposes.

HomeGuru

jmckenzie10 said:
The photos were not nude. He took lots of pictures because he was trying to help me get into the business

**A: what business?

but then he turned out to be really flakey. I didn't know he would go and use my pictures on his websites and in his magazine for his advertising purposes.

**A: post the link to the website and the location description of your photos.

panzertanker

jmckenzie10 said:
And I was not paid and no contract was signed.
Find the pictures in print somewhere, THEN you can sue him.
Until then, you are out of luck because you have no proof the pics are anywhere but in the garbage.

jmckenzie10

He removed my picture from his website but I copied it and saved it with his Magazine caption right over it. And he is supposed to mail me the magazines that I'm in. I have also saved all the emails from him. I can contact the corporate office and get a hold of those magazines if he doesn't mail them himself.

He was trying to get me into the modeling business, so I could make some extra cash. His company is not an agency.

jmckenzie10

He removed my picture from his website but I copied it and saved it with his Magazine caption right over it. And he is supposed to mail me the magazines that I'm in. I have also saved all the emails from him. I can contact the corporate office and get a hold of those magazines if he doesn't mail them himself.

He was trying to get me into the modeling business, so I could make some extra cash.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">