• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property flood damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oldsmobilelady

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

My husband and I have been going through a divorce for over 2 years. My husband locked me out of the home and prevented me from collecting any of my property. In Feb 2003 my husband moved my property from our home to his girlfriends house which was flooded in September of 2004. I didn't know until our last masters hearing that all of our property that was worth anything was distroyed in the flood and now he is claiming he shouldn't have to pay me for any of it because it is gone. I found out though his girlfriends realtor that before she could mortgage the house she needed not only homeowners Ins but flood Ins that was to be escrowed through her mortgage. Now that I have this information where do I start? how can I get a copy of the insurance claim to even see if any of my property was listed on it? and can I sue her in small claims court of the 62.5% that the judge says I should recieve in the divorce court for all the property? I think that she gave my husband all of the money for the property that was distroyed, but since I have no proof that he recieved a dime do I have to go after the her because her name was on the insurance check? Thanks for the help :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">