• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Broken In Florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TGW

What is the name of your state? Florida

This pertains to my mother in law. My land lord had been doing some refrubishing to the house we are renting. There were eletrictions working on rewiring the house and had a access panel opened up in our hallway floor. This panel was about 3x4 wide. Didn't have proper lighting in this work area while floor was open. One worker was under the house working and one was in the kitchen. My mother in law came in thru the kitchen door walked thru to the dinningroom and into the hallway where she fell thru the hole. Opon falling she broke 6 ribs on her left side and broke her right ankle in three different places and had to have major surgery to repair it.She spent about 3 1/2 weeks either in a hospital or rehab nursing home center. She has been living with her son and I while she is recouping. She is still on a walker and still is in a great deal of pain. She is a 64 yr old woman.

The insurance policey covers 2,000 for medical, 300,000 personal liabilaty. So far her doctor bills are in the 60,000 range. The insurance company is telling the hospital that my mother in law has to pay them and they will refund her. She is on a fixed income and taking care of 3 mentally handicapped adult children. She does not have the money to even begin to pay these bills. So on that note what can she do to get the insurance company to pay these bills and pay her compensation for her injuries? Is there a set amount that they will pay for certain injuries? So with everything I have told you ...does she need to get a lawyer?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">