• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can she get away with this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Twigstar

USA - Florida.

Hello, I speak on behalf of my mum (Who owns and runs a maid cleaning service in Florida in partnership with my dad.).

This week, my mum had to fire one of her employees because she was stealing the company customer contacts to use for her own workbase for the Maid Service she decided to run (With logic and morals like that, I doubt she'll upkeep a business anyway).

My mum keeps a profile of every customer she deals with - Their name, address, when they were last cleaned, and wheter or not they schedule regular cleans.

She keeps these in a filing cabinet in the office. The maids have access to the office (It's only a small thing - it's where everyone starts in the morning to be told their jobs).

When they set off for their jobs, they are given the portfolios on a clipboard - so they know where to go, who to ask for and how much to receive. (Cheque or cash).

Well, this particular maid has been photocopying these company documents at Win Dixie, and has been communicating with the customers she cleans for the company, and saying she's starting her own business, and will do it cheaper than my mums company.

Morally this is outrageous. But I was wondering if there is any legal action to be taken. Like duplicating company documents, stealing a companys workbase, and such.

My apologies if this is the wrong forum - But It's such an odd case, I didn't know where to put it.

Thanks for any help/opinions/advice in advance!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">