• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

passport renewal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ashfaq

What is the name of your state? outside US

Dear Friend

I would like to know about the law existing in US for passport renewal.

I am not an US citizen but in the process of immigration.my case is already approved by INS.

I got my passport 7 years back & then i was student. but now i am a physician & my current address is also changed . I want to change the occupation information written in passport as well as my current address too. As in my passport it is written student sometimetimes immigration official ask me to show passing of professional degree, which is a hassel for me to carry certificate always with me. for that i want to change it.

in our country passport can be used for 10 years maximum. but mine one is only 7 years. what can i do now.
I would like to add that in my current passport there is valid visa for a country which will end after couple of months & this passport no is written on my IELTS score sheet which will remain valid for next 2 years.
can i carry a renewal passport & an old passport at a time?
i would be grateful to you all if u let me know about it.
thank you all
looking forward to your kind co-operation.
Ashfaq

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">