• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slip and fall accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

acbell98

Arkansas
my mother-in-law was in a walmart grocery shopping and was pushing her buggy, she stepped on a half eaten banana and tore her knee up very badly. an ambulance had to pick her up from the store and take her to the emergency room. she has talked to lawyers about this and keeps getting told how the store will not be held liable. she must prove how long the banana was there. she was also told all the store must do is say that there cameras were not working that day. how convenient is that? she is a big lady and stands up 8 hrs a day on her job. with a knee injury she will not be able to work again.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

acbell98 said:
Arkansas
my mother-in-law was in a walmart grocery shopping and was pushing her buggy, she stepped on a half eaten banana and tore her knee up very badly. an ambulance had to pick her up from the store and take her to the emergency room. she has talked to lawyers about this and keeps getting told how the store will not be held liable. she must prove how long the banana was there. she was also told all the store must do is say that there cameras were not working that day. how convenient is that? she is a big lady and stands up 8 hrs a day on her job. with a knee injury she will not be able to work again.

My response:

Thank you for your hair-raising story!

Now, did you have a legal question, or are you just venting?

IAAL

acbell98

acbell98 said:
Arkansas
arkansas
sorry, my mother-in-law is pretty sure now that taking wal-mart to court is'nt such a good idea. there are so many ways for them to doctor their security cams. i was just wanting a little advice that i could pass on to her. whether or not she should pursue this.

jity

You could write a nice letter to walmat to consider paying 100% or 50% of the out of pocket expenses that she has incurred, I would include checks, receipts, and bills. It is highly doubtful that she will receive a favorable judgment, but it is possible, but again you have to prove that the business knew about the hazard, or should have known. (Not an easy task)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">