• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sister shot, 2 wrongful death claims filed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Macsence

Colorado is where I live. Murder took place in Missouri.
2001 Jodie , my sister was shot in the back of the head by a man she had divorced 5 years prior. Took police 4 hours to get in out of my sisters home. On the stand a officer said he knew something bad was going to happen. Doug[the murderer] was released to his parents by police from Jodies home. Doug while at his parents home got a gun and came back and shot her execution style in the back of the head. Doug is in prison. But I cant help but feel his parents were also responsible!! It has been my understanding that we had to wait until after the trail to file a wrongful death claim on his parents.
Well it has been filed and question our attorneys angle.He is going after the parents home owners insurance..?? For 1.5 million. These people are wealthy. And I just dont get it. Can we change attorneys now? Also isnt there a case with law enforcement? Can I do anything being that I live in Colorado. Can someone please help? :confused:

Macsence

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">