• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Business writeoff

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rusho2

I'm in Florida.

My situation is this. I'm a real estate investor in tampa and I'm starting an LLC with my two partners, to move from a partnership to an llc. Now, I'm doing alright at this time, financially and I think its time to get a car. I really need a car for business and I was thinking, If I buy the car under the business name, with my partners consent of course, we could write it off as a business expense, right? I'm pretty sure I've got that part right, as I would be using for business activity, almost exclusively since i'm always working.

Now, I was thinking that after a couple of months or a year or whatever, when we start to do really well, I'd like to have it be my car. I dont want to continue to use it and if something goes wrong with the business have my car taken away as a business asset, you know. So, can I buy the car from the business and still have the business write it off? would the business have to claim the amount I pay for the car as profit? and lastly, is there a minimum that I can pay the business for the car, in order to maximize the amount written off?

Thanks,
chris

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">