• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Initial Security Clearance Concerns

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fidi213

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Va
I realize this post may be redundant, but I am hoping for a prompt reponse from reliable sources. I would like to ask a general question concerning my secret clearance I have pending. I have reviewed all of the DOS guidelines by which they judge clearance applicants, and I would like to know my chances of approval. I am 24 years old, with no criminal history whatsoever, 3 traffic tickets in 8 years, strong work history with no gaps, excellent credit history, and very impressive professional references. Although I have no criminal history, I did illegally try drugs in college for a short period. I never got in trouble in regards to this nor did I get in trouble for any alcohol related issues ever. The last time I smoked was when I traveled to Europe and spent 1-2 days in Amsterdam early 2005. I have no dependencies on drugs nor do I have any mental history. Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect, or I am worrying too much?
Appreciate your input...

mikekam9280

be honest

Just be honest with everything, they know no one is perfect and youthful indescretions are expected. Be honest on all of your forms and in your interviews. Show a demonstrated intent not to use drugs in the future and you'll be fine.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">