• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Penalty for late payment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kwhit

What is the name of your state? New York......My family settled a wrongful death suit regarding my mother. It went before a federal judge on February 8th, 2005 and we agreed to settle with the doctors insurance company. We have had a lawyer handling the case and received a breakdown from him as to what our final distribution would be but that was 5 months ago....My brother contacted our lawyer and he is turn called the defendents lawyer and they indicated they had lost the paperwork.......Can we impose a penalty to the doctors insurance company for not paying in a timely matter....we have lost alot of interest on that money since our plan was to put in bank for the future. Thank you in advance for your response.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">